This scholarship has been designed to recognize a senior student from each South Lyon high school who has overcome a significant obstacle or demonstrated dramatic academic improvement during their high school experience.
1. Scholarship applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by midnight on Friday, April 12, 2019. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
2. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. If any question does not apply to you in this application, please put N/A in the space.
4. One $500 scholarship (two in total) will be awarded at each Senior Honors Night - June 4, 2019, for SLEHS and June 6, 2019, for SLHS.
- Applicant must be a senior who has attended South Lyon public school for at least their junior and senior years.
- No minimum GPA. Applicants must be on track to graduate in June of 2019.
- Scholarship monies must be used during the 2019-2020 school year. Winners may attend any 2-year or 4-year college, trade or technical school, or a certificate program.
- Completed application form.
- Completed application essay.
- Official or unofficial copy of your high school transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from a South Lyon Community School District staff member.
- Proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational or technical school for the following fall semester.