This scholarship has been designed to recognize a senior student from each South Lyon high school who has overcome a significant obstacle or demonstrated dramatic academic improvement during their high school experience.
1. Scholarship applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by midnight on Friday, April 13, 2018. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
2. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of G PA, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. If any question does not apply to you in this application, please put N/A in the space.
4. One $500 scholarship (two in total) will be awarded at each Senior Honors Night - June 5, 2018, for SLEHS and June 6, 2018, for SLHS.
- Applicant must be a senior who has attended South Lyon public school for at least their junior and senior years.
- No minimum GPA. Applicants must be on track to graduate in June of 2018.
- Scholarship monies must be used during the 2018-2019 school year. Winners may attend any 2-year or 4-year college, trade or technical school, or a certificate program.
- Completed application form.
- Completed application essay.
- Official or unofficial copy of your high school transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from a South Lyon Community School District staff member.
- Proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational or technical school for the following fall semester.